Here is a classic tuna salad recipe that is easy to make and tastes delicious. You will only need a few simple ingredients such as onion, bell pepper, tomato, salt, mayo and lemon.
What to make with tuna salad?
There are many options when it comes to how you can eat it. You can make a sandwich, pasta salad or make a wrap.
If you want a light snack you can pair it with some cracker or cucumber slices. It also goes well with grits for breakfast.
It does not matter what time of the day it is, tuna salad is something you can have for breakfast lunch or dinner.
This is the perfect dish if you need to whip up something that’s tasty fast. Check out our recipe below so you can learn how to make it.
PREP TIME: 7 mins
COOK TIME: 5 mins
TOTAL TIME: 12 mins
- can opener
- 5oz can Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore tuna in water
- 1/4 Medium onions
- 3 tbsp tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Green Bell Pepper
- 2 tbsp Mayo
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- ½ lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
Tuna Salad Recipe
- Gather all ingredients
- Cut up your onions, tomatoes
- Open can of tuna with can opener but leave the lid on
- Squeeze down on the lid to remove excess water out of the can
- Put tuna into a bowl and use a fork to break apart large chunks
- Squeeze ½ lemon into a bowl ( do not rub the rind against the bowl, this will make your tuna bitter. Remove any seeds that have fallen into a bowl.)
- Add the finely chopped onions and tomatoes into the bowl
- Add mayo and lightly mix together, then add mustard and mix it again
- Finally add salt and mix it in