This ginger bbq cauliflower wings recipe is a tasty way to transform cauliflower. It will amaze you how delicious they are and easy to make.
If you’ve been craving crispy breaded wings, these are a great meatless option. The texture mimics chicken so well you will forget you’re eating cauliflower.
We made our own bread crumbs for this recipe but feel free to use panko if you like.
What to serve with cauliflower wings?
You can serve cauliflower wings with herb potato wedges, rice, quinoa or pasta. The possibilities are endless and you can get creative.
To make these delicious wings follow the recipe below.
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 55 mins
TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 10 mins
- a large bowl
- medium sized bowl
- a knife
- baking sheet
- ½ head cauliflower
- butter (to oil baking sheet)
- 5 slices of bread
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tbsp paprika
- 1 cup water
- 1¼ tbsp salt
- ¼ cup bbq sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
Ginger BBQ Cauliflower Wings Recipe
- Gather all ingredients
- Line baking sheet with foil
- Oil pan with butter
- Place 5 slices of bread on a pan and toast in the oven at 400° for 5 minutes. Then flip and toast the other side for 4 minutes
- Grate toasted bread into a bowl (to make bread crumbs). Add a generous pinch of salt to bread crumbs.
- Cut up ½ head of cauliflower
- In a large bowl add flour, paprika, salt and water and mix it to make a dredge. It should be slightly looser than pancake batter.
- Coat a baking sheet with butter
- Place about 6 pieces of cauliflower into the dredge and drop two at a time into the crumbs. Coat them thoroughly then place them on the baking sheet.
- Put the baking sheet into the oven on the bottom rack at 400° for 40 minutes.
- Add ¼ of bbq sauce into a bowl, then add 1 tbsp of ginger powder and mix it together.
- Put cauliflower into the bbq mixture, coat each one and put it back on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes.