This butternut squash soup recipe is healthy and easy to make. It is a warm nourishing vegan dish that is sure to fill you up.
How do you make butternut squash soup better?
You can make butternut squash soup better by using vegetable stock as your base.
Do you have to peel butternut squash for soup?
Yes, you will have to peel the butternut squash soup for the soup. You should peel the skin after baking it in the oven.
What is good with butternut squash soup?
Butternut squash soup is good with flat bread dipped in garlic butter.
If you would like to learn how to make this vegan roasted butternut squash soup follow our recipe below.
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 1 hr
TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 10 mins
- baking sheet
- large pot
- Cutting board
- butternut squash
- bell pepper
- avocado oil
- 3 cups vegetable stock
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- Gather all ingredients
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Wash the butternut squash and cut it in half, then cut each half into two. Remove the top stem
- Remove the seeds and rub avocado oil all over each piece and sprinkle salt on them.
- Oil the baking sheet with avocado oil also
- Cut up the onion, tomato and bell pepper into large pieces and place on a separate sheet of foil. Add one clove of garlic.
- Drizzle avocado oil on them
- Put the baking sheet into the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the onion, tomato and bell pepper and garlic from the oven and let it cool. (Put butternut squash back in the oven for 20 more minutes until it is soft)
- Take butternut squash out of the oven and let it cool.
- Peel the skin off the butternut squash
- Put butternut squash, onion, tomato, bell pepper, garlic and 3 cups of vegetable broth into your blender.
- Blend together until it is smooth
- Pour into a pot and turn the stove on high heat
15. You can add up to a cut of water into the blender to get the remainder out and pour it into the pot