Have you ever been worried that people close to you will leave? Well you can use these affirmations for fear of abandonment to help you overcome that feeling.
Affirmations are used to free you from negative self sabotaging beliefs so that you can move towards a positive way of thinking.
Say them sincerely every day, and try to reflect on each word.
40 Affirmations for fear of abandonment
- I have overcame fear of abandonment
- Fear does not control me
- I am enough
- I am whole
- I am secure within myself
- I am confident
- I release negative thoughts
- Negative thoughts do not control my actions
- I welcome healthy relationships
- My negative past experiences are not who I am
- I am loved
- I love myself
- I am kind to myself
- I choose to be happy
- I am free
- I am patient with myself
- I am worthy of love
- I am not weak, I am strong
- I am a wonderful and lovable person
- I am beautiful inside and out
- I am healed
- I deserve love
- I appreciate myself
- I accept myself
- I release self doubt
- I love the person I am becoming
- My life is changing for the better
- I am excited about my future
- The best is yet to come
- I have purpose
- I have value
- I welcome long lasting relationships
- I am no longer attached to fear of abandonment
- I am safe
- I have peace in my life
- I am in control of my life
- I release perfectionism
- I am proud of myself
- Good things are coming my way
- I am not alone
Types of Fear of abandonment
Fear of abandonment can be classified in several ways which include emotional, in children and relationships.
Emotional abandonment can arise when you feel as though your emotional needs are not being met.
Many people in relationships, may still feel alone and disconnected because they are not getting what is needed from their partner.
It is very common for children to feel abandoned when they are removed from the presence of their mothers which can result in them crying.
Fear of abandonment can cause you to sabotage relationships because of trust issues. It can be hard to open up and be vulnerable because you fear the person will leave.
Some symptoms of fear of abandonment include
- Struggling to commit in relationships
- Having a hard time trusting people
- Being in unhealthy relationships
- Becoming attached to people quickly
- Trying hard to please others
- Sensitive to criticism
- Being clingy
- Being suspicious of partner
Not addressing this can have a negative impact on your life in the long run. It can possibly lead to anger issues, trust issues, low self- esteem and depression.
Doing affirmations daily is one piece of the puzzle when it comes to breaking free and moving forward with your life.
How to overcome abandonment trauma
In order to overcome your fear of abandonment it is important that you first know what is making you feel this way. Doing so will allow you to address your fears head on and more effectively.
While you are on this self healing journey it is important that you are patient and kind to yourself. Try no to be critical of yourself and celebrate the fact that you are taking steps to become the best version of yourself.
Also, it would be a good idea to go to therapy so that you can receive professional help and guidance.
Need more affirmations?
Check out the ones below on self love, self-esteem and gratitude.